Saturday, February 7, 2009

Post SA Thoughts

Since my return, I have also noticed that I now how a few more clarifications in my life. Of the which are:

-I want to become fluent in Spanish. I am declaring Spanish as a minor in a addition to my major in Anthropology.

-I most definitely want to continue studying Anthropology. Although this trip has revealed a few concerns of mine with the subject.

-Working with some sort of non-profit abroad is one thing I will incorporate into my next travel abroad. Through my minor program at Berkeley, Global Poverty and Practice, I plan to achieve this and work in a poverty stricken area of a certain chosen country.

-I love Peru. I need to explore more, and crave to return to understand smaller communities and the whole of Peruvian affairs overall.

-Explore more of the North and West of Brazil.

-Be passionate. Latinos definitely taught me to express myself, honestly and unforgivingly.

-Cook more exotic foods. Make more smoothies. These are both from Peru and Brazil mostly.

-Smile and Laugh. Make eye contact. Always tell people what they mean to you. Be real and genuine with people.

-Fall in love more. This isn't hard in South America!

Peace for now, until the next adventure.

Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan-
sounds (and looks) like you had an awesome trip in S. America. Hope you're adjusting well. Don't forget to love the mother country, even if she's an overweight, overworked, unemotional barbarian. She gave us jazz, after all.