Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Slingshot Abroad

Here I go again. . .
Tomorrow I am leaving for India. This year has been one big run-around to various corners of the world. On a whim and driven by certain causes, I decided to continue my year of discovery and take a plane half way across the world to continue the life-long learning process of myself and this world. This time, I will be the fursthest away from home then I have ever been! After a hard first semester at Berkeley and making a new life for myself in the Bay, I am off to see a new place.
Alamo Square, San Fran Summer 2009
I am currently in Ohio visiting my family outside of the Cleveland area in a town called North Olmsted, where I grew up. From here, I will travel to New York in the morning, where I will eventually take off later in the day to Mumbai, India. I will be meeting a friend there who is working on a water sanitation project in the slums of the city. After that, only endless possibilities lay ahead of travel around the country that has fascinated me beyond plain curiosity for quite some time.
My family - brothers and Mom
After a monumental election, new social policies, and tremendous amount of attention from the rest of the world from news headlines of terrorist attacks and Slumdog Millionaire, there is no better time to immerse myself in one of the worlds most interesting and fastly growing economic powers. I will put my travel knowledge to test and open myself up to the Indian experience - whatever that is. At this point, as I fumble abroad again and barely get ready, all I can really think of is no expectations an no worries. I have never planned so little for a trip! But, this should definitely be a trip to remember 50 years from now. Mumbai, here I come!

 Goodbye summer 2009. . .
Big Sur, California - June 2009
Andrew Molera National Park, June 2009
Mom and I at Niagara Falls, Canada - July 2009

No comments: